What to eat in Florence? We'll introduce you to the best traditional dishes!
If you're a gourmet vacationing in Florence, then you're in luck! There are numerous restaurants in Florence, but the trattorias and osterie (taverns) will also ensure that you experience the true typical Tuscan cuisine.
ot only is Florence a city of art and culture, in this Tuscan city, good food is guaranteed. Traditional Florentine cuisine features many dishes made with local products. To taste these delicacies, the San Lorenzo Central Market is the ideal place with a wide choice and low prices. The historic centre also has a number of good osterie or taverns, historic trattorias and restaurants where you can eat well. There are many typical Tuscan specialities, but here we'll introduce you to the delicacies that you won't be able to resist during your visit to the city:
- Bistecca Fiorentina - Florentine steak: the star of Tuscan cuisine, and queen of 0 km products.
- Ribollita: a simple soup of bread and vegetables, so called because it is boiled twice, a simple dish but with an unforgettable flavour!
- Lampredotto: named in homage to an aquatic invertebrate whose mouth resembles this type of tripe. This is undoubtedly the best-selling takeaway sandwich in Florence.
- Schiacciata breads: crispy, unmistakable, with olive oil and rosemary... delicious enjoyment for any occasion in the day, the centrepiece of aperitifs served with cheeses and salami.
- Cantucci: these delicious dry biscuits and Vin Santo wine are a must at the end of every traditional Tuscan meal!
Florence Prestige holiday rental apartments are located in the city centre, for the most part in neighbourhoods historically known for their wide range of restaurants, taverns and trattorias with typical Tuscan cuisine. Trust in our staff who will help you discover the best restaurants in Florence. A stone's throw from your apartment, you'll find authentic delicacies for all tastes.